SOCIAL SERVICE METHODS AND TECHNIQUES 2
The course is part of the third year of the Bachelor's degree program in social work and aims to provide theoretical and practical knowledge of the work, aimed at training the professional skills of the social worker who foresees a unitary methodological process in different dimensions of professional work: with individuals and families, groups and communities, organization of services and places of social research. The student will be accompanied to retrace the knowledge of the theoretical, methodological and value foundations of the social service acquired in previous years and at the end of the course the student is expected to be able to:
1. Knowing how to design an individualized level, for and with the community, according to methodological adequacy
2. Exercise in-depth social assessment skills through knowledge of the different types of assessment;
3. Know how to recognize and apply in practice the concepts of the theoretical-operational models analyzed: the systemic model, the network model, and the cognitive behavioral approach;
4. Assume the perception of one's personal efficacy skills, emotional responsibility and protection from the risks associated with the profession
5. Expand the ability to talk with families, colleagues and employers in the light of the theoretical models studied
1. Professional assessment in social work, definition and possible types:
the agency assessment;
2.The integration of the main theoretical reference models with professional practice:
- the systemic model (specific contents and aspects);
- the cognitive behavioral approach and its main models;
-the network model with the concepts of coping, the types of networks, the functions to be observed
3. The interview techniques in the different theoretical models studied
1. F. Corradini, L'assessment nel servizio sociale, Erickson, Trento 2018
2. N.Thompson, Lavorare con le persone, Erickson, Trento, 2016 (Parte terza Le abilità di intervento pp 317-453)
3.M.Luisa Raineri, Il metodo di rete in pratica, Erickson, 2004 (cap.2 )
4. F.Folgheraiter, Teoria e Metodologia del servizio sociale, Franco Angeli1998 (La natura relazionale dei problemi sociali)
A.Campanini, L'intervento sistemico, CarocciFaber, 2017
F.FAVA, Lo Zen di Palermo, FrancoAngeli, 2012
G. VENDEMIA, L. BERTINELLI, Professione Sociale e Psicologia: il Modello della Schema Therapy come assunzione di ruolo, in Psicoterapia cognitiva e comportamentale, Vol. 21 n.3/2015, edizioni Erickson.
Further texts or parts of the text will be recommended during the lessons and seminars, as well as the teaching material to support the contents of the lessons themselves. These texts and materials are to be considered mandatory for the final exam
The teaching methodology will be of a dialogic-interactive type, alternating more theoretical moments with discussions and comparisons between teacher and students. Exercises, case studies, group work will also be proposed through the use of the resources available in Elly, such as discussion forums and logbooks.
In relation to the measures adopted in relation to COVID-19, the lessons will be organized as follows: in person with the possibility of using the lessons in asynchronous mode even remotely (uploaded on the Elly page of the course); commented reading of texts, in the same way; debate and exercises on sample texts
When starting the teaching, the teacher will take care to check the students' previous knowledge.
The achievement of the expected results will be verified through a written examination which will cover all the topics covered. There are three open-ended questions aimed at assessing the ability to apply knowledge and understanding and to articulate a reasoning based on the logical connection of the concepts learned.
The test lasts 1 hour. Each question will be worth up to a maximum of 10 points.
For Erasmus and students with special needs the duration of the test will be 1 hour and 20 minutes.
If due to the persistence of the health emergency it was
necessary to integrate with the remote modality the carrying out of the exams will proceed as follows: written test of the same type via platform (Teams)
Ordinarily, before or after classes, by appointment
DEGREE THESIS the teacher is available to accompany the students in the degree thesis concerning the methodology of the social service, the adoption of innovative theoretical approaches and references.
As long as the methods prescribed for distance or mixed teaching remain in force, the rule of compulsory attendance for access to exams will not apply.